Position Overview: The Sierra Institute for Community and Environment, a non-profit organization, is seeking an Assistant Coordinator for the Plumas Conservation, Restoration, & Education in Watersheds (P-CREW) Program. The Assistant Coordinator will report directly to the P-CREW Program Coordinator and work closely with all field and office staff. This Assistant Coordinator will assist in the coordination, logistics, and administration of four summer youth crews for Sierra Institute’s P-CREW youth corps program. The Assistant Coordinator must have excellent leadership, time management, and communication skills, and will help with the logistics of running two crews simultaneously (four over the entire summer), both from the office and in the field.
● Experience working on or supporting youth or young adult crews in conservation/restoration activities
● Desire to learn behind the scene operations of the P-CREW youth corps program
● Comfortable working in an office for 8 hours a day
● Wilderness First Aid/Responder Certificate
● Highly flexible, adaptable and ability to problem solve on-the-fly
● Excellent outdoor trip planning skills and knowledge of gear maintenance (tents, zippers, backpacking stoves, water filters…)
● Good computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with Mac familiarity
Preference will be given to P-CREW Alumni or similar youth corps experience.
Tentative start and end dates: June-August, 2021
To Apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and reason(s) for interest in the position, resume, and contact information for three references as one document. Submit application materials to Jobs@SierraInstitute.us with “P-CREW Assistant Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are open until the position is filled.